Calendar of Appearances
We encourage you to visit the websites of our colleagues whom we consider to be making unique and significant contributions in the fields of Emotionally-Intelligent Leadership, Contemporary Instrumental Music, Performing Arts-Based Training and Music in Healthcare, Medicine and Neuroscience.
You may also visit our articles, reports and surveys page by clicking here.
To read our archived Key Inspirations newsletter, click here.
Emotionally Intelligent Leadership
High-impact, effective leadership is based upon the awareness and practice of Emotional Intelligence (EQ). The competencies of emotionally-intelligent leadership have been researched and validated for worldwide application and relevance.
Contemporary Instrumental Music
Contemporary Instrumental Music is an international genre of music which appeals to all demographic and age groups and is exceptionally useful in learning, training and development, spa and resort, healthcare and restaurant environments.
- All Music Guide - Comprehensive Online Music Reference Source
- American Music Conference - Music, Brain & Wellness Research
- Acoustitherapy - CDs to create Relaxation, Gentle Passion & Ambiance
- CD Baby - Largest Online Provider of Independent CDs & Music
- Colorado Creative Music - Acoustic Instrumental Artists & Recordings
- David Berriman - Contemporary Piano Solos from Michigan
- Donovan Johnson - Pianist/Composer/Educator Founder of "Enlightened Piano Radio"
- Jon Schmidt - New Age Classical Piano
- Kavin Hoo – Evocative Piano & Acoustic Instrumental Music
- Michael Allen Harrison - Contemporary Pianist, Arranger & Composer
- National Piano Foundation - The Ultimate Online Piano Resource Site
- New Age Solos - Healing Your Spirit Through Music
- Nick Farr - Timeless melodies to stir the mind and soul
- PerformingBiz.com - Resources for the Performing Artist
- Production Music - Production Music for use in creative audio-visual projects including YouTube, TV, Film, Websites, PowerPoint, Animations, All Media.
- Richard Carr - Piano soundtracks for the soul, mind and body
- Steve Barta Music
- William Linton - Reflective Solo Piano
- Rick Seaton - Contemporary Pianist, Organist, Teacher & Composer
Performing Arts-based Training
Our worldwide performance and experience-based economy requires leaders to expand their competency and skill sets beyond “command and control” to “inspire and engage.” Performing artists have fine-tuned the artistic and creative competencies of “inspire and engage,” and provide high-impact, experience-based learning alternatives to traditional leadership training and development. To read the Arts & Business Quarterly article “Artists Help Empower Corporate America”, please Click Here.
Music in Healthcare, Medicine & Neuroscience
Music has historically served a role as a healing art and therapy for addressing anxiety, stress and wellness. Music can also influence and create environmental ambiance for healthcare facilities which impacts the experience between patients and healthcare professionals.
For heights and depths no words can reach, music is the soul’s own speech.
Books Referencing Music and/or Performing Arts-Based Training of Kevin Asbjornson
Becoming a Strategic Leader:
Your Role in Your Organization's
by Richard Hughes & Kathrine M. Beatty
How to Be Your Own Booking Agent
by Jeri Goldstein
The Leader's Edge: Six Creative
Competencies for Navigating
by Charles Palus & David M. Horth
The Leader's Brain: How Are
You Using the Other 95%
by Dr. Bastiaan Heemsbergen
The Spiritual Significance of Music (Paperback)
by Justin St. Vincent